Friday, January 18, 2013

Queen Crystalis Plushie Progress

Hello Dears,

I hope you all had a happy and safe holiday season. This little white deer got herself a sewing machine and I've put it to good use over the last few weeks. I've got some practice in on a table cloth or three and have finally started using it for my plushie work. Although the majority of the work on Queen Crystalis had to be done by hand, her tail is my first machine-sewn plushie component.

Speaking of good 'ol "cheese legs"...

Yes she IS standing on her own, no wires necessary -- just stuffing!
As I may have mentioned over twitter or facebook, this fanged changling queen is going to a super awesome little brony with a penchant for evil villains. Those legs took me forever to do by hand but I think they came out rather well.


She can stand on her own, though with a little help -- I just had to make sure the front legs were balanced properly, like with any of the thinner-legged plushies.

 
And in case you thought the holes were somehow fake, this picture and the many, many hour spent hand sewing them closed and stuffing them tightly should be more than sufficient proof!


Crystalis is my largest pony plushie to date-- even larger than my Princess Luna plushie despite her massive, shimmering mane. And as you can see, she'd have to shed some mass if she's going to play the role of plushie Cadance.

"D-Don't worry P-Princess -- I'll save you from this c-creepy changeling! *gulp*"
All in all I'm looking forward to completing this one and hopefully catch some precious, eeevil moments with little Thad when he gets his new plushie. Until then, my poor plushie chair seems to be running out of room...


That's all for now dears.

- Ori

No comments:

Post a Comment