Sunday, December 2, 2012

Oh Shining Armor, Your Princess is here!

Hello Dears,

So since the "Creating Cadence" posts didn't seem to draw much interest, I decided to jump right to the end, the final product. Here she is, Princess Mi Amore Christina-- I mean Cadenza, Mi Amore Cadenza, otherwise known as Princess Cadence...

"Oh, Shining Armor, I'll be there very sooooooon!"


Cadence was probably the third most complicated pony I've made so far, second only to Nightmare Moon and Princess Luna. Her main was challenging but I'm pretty happy with the result and since she is a bit of an early Yule present to myself, I'm a pretty happy customer.

I'm a little sad that her one eye got covered by all that mane, but the good news is, is that the eyes seem to be getting easier to make even, which will mean even better plushies in the future. Now if only those darn slippers would come out the way I'd like them to...

The front part of her hair had to be reworked once or twice but I likt how it came out even if it isn't 100% accurate to the show.

Unlike many of my other plushies where I only do cutie marks on one side (per the official toy designs since the 1980's) I decided to go the extra mile and not only make them into patches but put them on both sides. I may do patches instead of embroidered cutie marks from now on, to reduce mistakes and pulling. That purple strand of hair can be moved to the outside or the inside of the mane.

Cadence has REALLY huge eyes in the show, so it was a challenge not to make them too big on the plushie.

And, per my usual plushie photo spread, I had to get a shot with the Luckster. Cadence might still be waiting on her Shining Armor, but  Lucky Armor will be there for her in the meantime.

I hope you enjoyed the picutres! My next pony project will be a Fluttershy with Fluttershed accessories for my cousin. That aught to be interesting...that's all for now, dears.

- Ori

No comments:

Post a Comment