Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Fawn's Moment Dawns!


Hello Dears,

I have a few exciting things to talk about today. Firstly, before I go into my plushie progress, I got the custom, "white doe" mask I ordered from B3 Leather Designs 

Roland's work and craftsmanship is amazing, and he works very fast given the level of detail he puts into his work. He is very responsive and works with you to develop the design of your mask and, as you can see below, the results are amazing!

You can see more B3 Leather Designs here: http://senorwong.deviantart.com/gallery/
I'm planning on registering for the Fertile Ground Festival this May, and I plan on wearing it there as well as to the Renaissance fair this year, so look for the lady with the white deer and holly mask. I'll probably be sitting at the White Hart, drinking some stout and crafting something.

And speaking of crafting...


I've actually got two items on display for this evening's "Plushie Progress" part of the post. First off, as it turns out, Tiny Totem Fluttershy needed hair extensions to go with MLP Fluttershy's tail ones! The buyer asked for me to make the hair more layered and this is what I managed to come up with:

Don't tell "Gabby Gums" about Fluttershy's hair tech!
I also managed to finish the first in my line of deer-themed seasonal Totem plushies. While I will be doing a highly-detailed set of 4 Seasonal Cirvine Spirits, this lesser line will be a bit easier on the fingers for me, and a bit easier on the wallet for those who might want one to cuddle and love.  Introducing, none other than the Spring Fawn!

A larger image can be found on my DA site: http://matsuban.deviantart.com
This particular little fawn is made out of blonde and brown fleece (the blonde fleece should look familiar Fluttershy fans!), poly-fil and hand embroidered. Like all my work, she's 100% hand made, but a bit more rugged than my ponies, for the sheer fact that all her extremities are sewn in, rather than on.

As I mention in the little collage and on my DA page: the spring fawn has some free customization options for those who are interested:
  • Choice of eye color (within reason, no rainbow eyes!)
  • Choice of spot/freckle pattern (within reason, no leopard deer!)
  • Choice of ear/tail size (teenie, or huge!)
For 10.00$ more you can have your fawn made with your choice of your favorite one or two color fabrics.

Here are a few extra, in-progress pictures for those of you who may be curious!

Please ignore my messy crafting table...slash coffee table.
Freshly finished!
That's all for now dears!


-Ori

No comments:

Post a Comment