Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ori's Solstice Smoothie and Liss Peach Bliss!

Hello Dears,

I'm coming to you with a little something different today. I just got done with a little smoothie experiment and the results are, well, tasty! I wanted to share the "recipe",  if you can call it that, with everyone. I have two smoothie concepts that are cheap to make and great for summer!

Ori's Summer Solstice Strawberry Smoothie
(note: the fresher, more organic produce will taste better!)

Stuff you'll need:
  • a pint of strawberries
  • 1 apple( I used a 'pink lady' apple which has a tangy taste to it)
  • red wine of choice
  • local honey (I used wildflower honey)
  • spring water
Stuff you can add if you like:
  • tofu (yes tofu, this makes the concoction creamy without using dairy; you can't taste it!)
So basically you have a lot of freedom with amounts used because I just kinda "felt it out" based on my own tastes. I wanted the tangy apple and tangy red wine to compliment the overwhelming sweetness of the strawberries and 4-5 table spoons of honey. I used water rather than ice to really blend it into a juice but if your blender can handle it, ice would really make it nice!

If you don't like red wine or can't have it for heath/religious reasons, try any kind of fruit juice-- especially pomegranate.

Lucky suggested I use this red wine, but it is reserved for close friends!
If you want a sharper, more tangy taste use less honey and strawberries and add more wine. Do the reverse if you want it sweeter. Just be sure to watch out for that one bad strawberry at the bottom of each bushel. It'll get ya!

Liss's White Wine and Peach Bliss


Stuff you'll need:
  • 1-3 white peaches
  • small amount of pineapple juice
  • white wine of choice
  • local honey (I used wildflower honey)
  • spring water
Stuff you can add if you like:
  • peach yogurt (I would not recommend plain yogurt as it tends to be sour)
This recipe, like the person it's named after, is a bit sweeter. It leaves less room for those who don't like sweet-tasting drinks but the natural sugars shouldn't overwhelm you! The white wine you choose may serve to "calm it down" a bit, but like the other recipe you can tailor this one to your tastes.

Once again, if wine isn't your think a sparkling grape juice would be a good replacement, as would a clear soda if you don't mind the less healthy path.

If you try out either of these recipes, let me know your  results! Send me a picture of your creations and I'll post them.

That's all for now, dear!

-Ori

No comments:

Post a Comment