Saturday, November 17, 2012

Bonnie Bell's Faeriecon Adventure

Hello Dears!

For those of you who were not aware, the every glittery and fanciful Faeriecon East recently occurred 2 weekends ago (I wanted to make this post sooner, but I'm headed to California for a week, so I had much to do before I leave!). Faeriecon, as you might have guessed, is a convention dedicated to all things fae and fairy (kind of the same thing really, oh well, semantics!)

Unfortunately, I was only there for a short time on Friday with a friend of mine, due to an ill opportune head ache (oh well, our girls night just started a little earlier, oh woe is me, wink wink.) But before our early departure we did manage to take a few good pictures.

Bonnie attended the convention, along with Lennard the fox pelt!
It was a gorgeous day, really nice weather, so while many of the vendors were still setting up, me Foxy Molly and Bonnie Bell decided to spend some time in the sunshine. We made Bonnie our fawny ambassador to the sparkly fae within. While we were waiting for things to be set up, we met some really interesting people, including a wizard!

"Please don't turn me into frog!"
Like the Renaissance fairs, you can expect to see some really fantastic costumes at Faeriecon, although, as expected, the focus is on fae, faries, and all things fantasy here. We were unable to attend, but they have the good faeries and bad faeries balls-- which, from what I hear are always a treat. There are panels from artists and figures in the scene, just like at any con, and just like most conventions there were vendors!

And at one such vendor, a lovely costuming booth from the Virginia-based FaerieWorks, was nice enough to strike a pose with Bonnie and me in my new set of faerie/Queen Crystalis wings!

Faeriecon gives you WINGS!! And small daffodil dear apparently...
You can check out what other goodies Faerie Works has at their website here: http://faerieworks.biz/ Though my time at Faeriecon was short this year, I did have a ton of fun with my good buddy there with me. Who knew deer and foxes could get along so well :)? Next time I'll have to include my squirrel friend in on the action and we'll be a posse of totemic goodness.

That's all for now, dears. I should mention though that little Bonnie Bell is looking for a home. If anyone is interested in taking her home, please drop me an email at: oriwhitedeer@gmail.com I just drew up a ton of new designs for graphics for the blog so brace yourself for tiny adorable deer doodles.

Well I'm going to be traveling on a jet plane, have a wonderful week, dears!

- Ori

No comments:

Post a Comment