Thursday, November 29, 2012

Creating Cadence Part 2

Hello Dears,

I made some great headway on Cadence this week, but first a tiny bit of news. For those of you who follow my Warcraft fan fic, "Straydog Saga" I've finally posted Flea 43. Go check it out via the "Ori's Fanfiction" link to your right. I've also got a few ponies in the pipeline that I'm making for friends and family for the holidays. Hopefully my left index finger doesn't fall off before then.

Anyway, here's part two of my multi-part plushie creation series "Creating Cadence":

Session 6: Tripod pony?

So I sewed all the accent slippers on the legs...just didn't manage to get them all on the pony that night. Still, Cadence had a nice roll of paper towels to lean on in the meantime.

Session 7: Fully stuffed, all legs on and wing planning

Hooray, Cadence can stand on her own at this point, fully stuffed and all. At this point, I was getting ready to sew the wings on, but it took staring at a few reference pics to get them at the right angle and placement.

Session 8: Eye can see you!

This may not look like much work, but hand-embroidering is THE MOST time consuming part of making any stuffed animal with hand-embroidered eyes. Its always a little bit of a crap shoot in getting these things on and even, but this time around I'm almost sad one of them is going to be covered with mane.

Session 9: Starting to look more like a pony now! One eye and one wing on!

 This unfortunate eye will be the one covered by Cadence's epically long and flowing mane. But her hair will be movable so it wont be covered up all the time. The pulling around the eye has also been corrected. I also used this opportunity to get a quick win: embroidered ear accents!

Session 10: Two eyes and two wings on, chest guard and crown planning

Both eyes came out really even, which I'm happy about. Both wings are on in the right place and at the right angle too. Starting to get the chest guard and crown in order here before I work on the technical marvel that will be her mane.

That's all for now dears. Keep an eye out for the third and final installment of Creating Cadence, which should be ready for you sometime next week.

- Ori

No comments:

Post a Comment