Monday, March 11, 2013

Cloudsdale Congress: The very best!

Hello Dears,

Longtime no post! This past weekend was Cloudsdale Congress and let me say it was the most pleasant, warm, and fun convention experience I've ever had. I got to spend the majority of my time in artist alley, pedaling my wares with my best brony boyfriend forever (B.B.BF. F.) Matthew of Enigmatic Inkworks

Me and Matthew at our table in our 80's Princess Cadance and Prince Lupan the 3rd costumes ;)
Matthew was selling prints of his very nicely rendered ink drawings while I was offering colored pencil sketches. We were both selling on the spot original character drawings and yes, we can both create them in under 5 minutes! How do we do it? Lightning fingers.

The convention itself was the first after the boondoggle that was Los Pegasus Unicon. For those of you who are not familiar with Bronies or Brony-driven conventions: let's just say a lot of kind people had to clean up a rather large financial mess that left confidence in the smaller conventions severely damaged.



Despite the unfair pressure and expectation -- Cloudsdale Congress delivered. They had two voice actor guests from the show itself: Lee Tockar (voice of Snips, Steven Magnet, and others from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic) and Michelle Creber (Applebloom and the singing voice of Sweetiebell also MLP FIM). A friend of mine-- Ikari, of Lady Ikari's Cosplay snapped a photo with Miss Creber and her son who was thrilled!

Michelle clearly approves of the BEST SPIKE costume ever -- and the cutie inside!

Though I didn't get to see many of the panels, friends of mine who attended enjoyed the content and seeing the often zany antics of guests, panelists, and staff alike!

In other Ori news -- Princess Luna plushie found a new home with one very pleasant and very foxy brony. I'm slowing down plushie production as it is getting way too hard on my hands. However, I'll still be working on building up art stock for Bronycon in August, IF I'm able to get a table.

I'm going to be updating my art repository (Deviant Art Account) with more of my traditional art examples. I'm mostly doing My Little Pony drawings for now, but there may be some other hoofy things thrown in the gallery.

I'll also list my drawing commission prices in a more permanent way on this blog in the future. But if you are interested in commissioning artwork please feel free to contact me via email or through my Deviant art.

And now, I leave you with the single most popular piece of art that I actually had to refuse to sell so that I could make prints of it:

...Eeeeyup.
- Ori

No comments:

Post a Comment