Sunday, March 4, 2012

Curse you social life, I have commissions to do!

Hello Dears,

Well while I did NOT have the time I thought I'd have this weekend to dedicate to crafting, I did manage to get a bit of work done on my Nightmare Moon commission. Take a gander:

She's getting there, piece by O.C.D.- driven, hand-sewn piece!


I got the majority of her helm sewn on, though I must admit it looked REALLY cool with all the pins I had holding the pieces in place. Her horn and wings are done and ready to be added once I get all her accents sewn on. While the wings aren't "accurate" the fleece let me do some really neat and pretty designs that the reference images didn't call for.

I know her eyes looks a bit off, but once I add them properly, they'll look better. She also has a nose now and a wickedly EVIL smirk. Is she plotting to bring eternal night to the land or slipping a toothless alligator into her sister's bubble bath? Either way, she's up to no good, I tells ya!

In other news, I played with the blog settings and people should be able to comment without having a blogger account. Give it a try and let me know if it works!

I'll also be working with the graphics once I get a little more time to dedicate to them. I didn't like how rough the .gif banner looked so I threw a .jpg up for now until I can get the transparent background to look nice with my fancy graphics.

Also, once I get this commission out of the way I'm going to start doing some product reviews from other local artists. Need a 14th century eating knife, a holder for all your little soap nubs, chain mail gauntlets or leather top hats for convention goers? I'll be featuring such off-beat things in the future so check back frequently and I'll give you all the hoof--I mean hook up.

That's all for now, dears.

- Ori

1 comment:

  1. It's Michele! Anonymous works and she is looking absolutely beautiful so far! :D

    ReplyDelete